Thursday, August 06, 2009

Stork News

For hundreds of years, the white stork in western culture has been used to symbolize the arrival of a baby and this has also used as an explanation for children anticipating the arrival of a new sibling. I remembered once in announcing the birth of a much anticipated child of a colleague of mine, I mistakenly sent a news flash via e-mail to all my colleagues & bosses with a mispelling in the header : "StoCk News". It was embarrasing and hilarious at the same time to see my bosses summoning me on this as they thought it was some tax planning brief that I had recently put together.

In any case, there appear to many storks which have arrived/destined to arrive this year or early next year. I was told by some people that many are trying to avoid having babies in the Year of the Tiger due to some supertitious beliefs. I read some where that based on population studies conducted in Singapore and China this has always been the trend even in the past. I'm not sure whether this is true but really, regardless of whatever you may think of, babies should be always seen as blessings and not burdens, sent to fill our lives and hearts with joy!
On this note, I would like to congratulate the following friends and fellow bloggers on their latest or anticipated new arrivals in the Year of the Ox. As for yours truly, our stork will be heading our doorsteps in November 09!
Sree - Baby Pratik(January 2009)
Mr and Mrs Belacan - Baby Shushanna (February 2009)
Khairatul - Baby Iman (March 2009)
Norizan - Baby Nur iLyssa (March 2009)
Mr and Mrs Tan - Twins Lara and William ( May 2009)
Mr and Mrs Ong - Baby Katelyn (June 2009)
Mr and Mrs Lee - Baby Lee ( June 2009)
Harimau - Baby Lara (June 2009)
TT - Baby Xenia ( June 2009)
Angel - Baby Alexa (July 2009)
Kittycat - (December 2009)
Shannon - (December 2009)
Mummy Yvonne - (Early 2010)
Jessy - (Early 2010)

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

wow congrats!!

Kit said...

Nice list! I should check out Shannon's blog as we're due in the same month :)

Shannon said...

wah, you ARE building quite a list there... ;)