Thursday, October 11, 2007

2 days to Raya......

2 days more to go before our much awaited and much needed 3 day break. I always look forward to public holidays especially in Malaysia where we celebrate just about every festival and occassion gazetted by the Government. Concerns about national productivity during these periods are often quietly ignored *lol*.

I understand that the sighting of the moon will take place tonight even though we all know that by following the lunar calendar, there is no way, jose that you will be able to see the moon tonight. Ignorant as I may be, I'm still not quite sure the point of this exercise especially when we all know that the first day of Raya will fall on Saturday, based on the lunar calendar and this has been marked on our Roman calendars. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this?

Well, this 3-day weekend is also a milestone of all sorts apart from the festival of Aidilfitri which is celebrated by Muslims all over the world. Jeremy's turning 16 months on Sunday, 14 October 2007 while Monday, 15 October 2007 will be our 7th wedding annivesary. We have decided not to mark the occassion this year in KL as we will be going to a couple of Hari Raya open houses held by our friends/colleagues and associates this weekend with Jeremy in tow. One particular open house will certainly delight Jeremy as I was told that there will be clowns, balloons and face painting to entertain the children. Since we will be down in Singapore next weekend, the usual annivesary dinner for 2 will be postponed till then. And for once it will not only be just the 2 of us as Jeremy will be joining us as well for the candlelight dinner *lol*. Can you imagine us trying to entertain and hold the attention of a fidgety toddler at an upscale restaurant? I'm sure the maƮtre d' or the customers will not be amused by his antics.

I haven't quite decided on the venue for the dinner but high on my list is The Prego at Swissotel The Stamford (Fka as The Westin) as I love Italian cuisine and I haven't been there for a long time. The restaurants at Holland Village could be an alternative but I haven't been there for quite sometime as well so I'm not sure about the quality of the meals offered at the selection of restaurants located there. Hey, if anyone of you have any good suggestions out there do let me know!

1 comment:

Temasik+Temagi said...

Prego may offer the biggest and most extensive Italian cuisine selection in Singapore but having dined there, I didn't find it that seemingly gastronomical. Michaelangelo's in Chip Bee Gardens (Holland V.) is fantastic, although I'm not sure if its menu and ambience is kid-friendly. Having been to Rome, Verona and Venice in the recent years, my judgment towards Italian cuisine in nations outside of Italy may be biased of course.